Wednesday, November 10, 2010

shakespeare


1.      What are the differences/similarities between the two suicide scenes? Be specific.
The stories are almost identical if you were to just hear it. You feel the same way you can tell they they both want to be together no matter what whether  they are both dead or alive. Both man went to say goodbye to their love and express the beauty and love for their lady. Both women wake up to late and cry but then choose to kill themselves. Both women say the same lines “ you drink all the poison and left none for me”( in other words) . The both commit suicide and fall on their beloved.

The differences are first the quality of each movie one, the modern one, is brighter and much more detailed like the church and candles a lot of color a beautiful scene, while the other, the older version,  is dark in a cave looking place. The language is obviously different you can hear by the way each character speaks which one is more modern. The clothing is more modern and  the weapons are as well. The older version uses a dagger while the more modern one uses a gun. The way the ladies wake up is different as well. The older version she wakes up after he dies and very fast almost unrealistic. Built the more modern one wakes up slowly and sees him actually die. The women actions as well are different the older version had more of a dialogue while the other is more quiet. One lady stabs herself while in the modern version she kills herself.

2.      Which version is more effective? Explain why.
The modern version is more effective to me because I connect more to it. It is more likely for me to experience or see or picture the scene in the church with candles a gun and their clothing and seeing myself waking up slowly . Then it is to picture myself in the old versions attire, speaking the way they do, and also I see myself shooting to kill instead of stabbing myself to death.  So, I don’t know which version is the better of the two but I rather choose to watch the more moder than the older version because I connect to it a lot faster and easier. 

1 comment:

  1. Good job, but you did not post your Hamlet paraphrase.

    Grade = 9/15

    ReplyDelete